This EMDR International Association-Approved Training is held over two 3-day weekends (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 8:30 am to 6:00 pm). Additionally, a total of 10 hours of group consultation is required to assist in the integration of the training material into practice. These 10 hours are included in the overall Training.
Participants will learn the basic EMDR Protocol in order to begin to utilize EMDR in clinical practice within recommended limits.
- History of the EMDR approach
- Overview of EMDR research
- Neurophysiology of information processing and trauma
- Range of applications of EMDR therapy
- 8 phases of EMDR treatment
- Stabilization and self control techniques
- Recommended limits for beginning utilization
Participants will learn the use of EMDR in more complex clinical presentations as well as broaden their understanding of the basic EMDR protocol.
- Treatment planning using the EMDR approach
- Parameters surrounding client selection
- Tools for development of client resources
- Using EMDR in treating children, adult survivors of trauma, and recent traumatic events
- Overview of the utilization of EMDR in the treatment of addiction, phobias, couples and pain management
SCHEDULE - REGISTRATION WILL OPEN ON OCTOBER 1st FOR ALL TRAININGS.
Hours: 8:30 am – 6:00 pm Friday, Saturday & Sunday
Weekend 1: January 25th-27th
Weekend 2: April 12th-14th
Weekend 1: May 17th-19th
Weekend 2: August 16th-18th
Frank Fickett Conference and Event Center
Austin, TX 78753
Weekend 1: March 1st-3rd
Weekend 2: June 21st-23rd
Courtyard Marriott Hotel
12401 Katy Freeway ( I-10 & Dairy Ashford )
Houston, TX 77079
Attendance in a Basic EMDR Therapy Training is limited to licensed mental health professionals, students in an accredited graduate program, and interns on a state licensing track. Students and interns must receive approval for attendance. For information on eligibility requirements, click following link to the EMDRIA website.