This EMDR International Association-Approved Training is held over two 3-day weekends (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm and an additional Saturday session right before each training weekend from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm). Additionally, a total of 10 hours of group consultation is required to assist in the integration of the training material into practice. These 10 hours are included in the overall Training.
Participants will learn the basic EMDR Protocol in order to begin to utilize EMDR in clinical practice within recommended limits.
- History of the EMDR approach
- Overview of EMDR research
- Neurophysiology of information processing and trauma
- Range of applications of EMDR therapy
- 8 phases of EMDR treatment
- Stabilization and self control techniques
- Recommended limits for beginning utilization
Participants will learn the use of EMDR in more complex clinical presentations as well as broaden their understanding of the basic EMDR protocol.
- Treatment planning using the EMDR approach
- Parameters surrounding client selection
- Tools for development of client resources
- Using EMDR in treating children, adult survivors of trauma, and recent traumatic events
- Overview of the utilization of EMDR in the treatment of addiction, pain management and peak performance.
- More than 30 days prior to training date, refunds are given for the amount paid minus a $50 administrative fee.
- 15-30 days prior to the training, refunds are given for the amount paid minus a $150 administrative fee.
- Less than 15 days to training, no refunds are given. A transfer of payment to the next training is available plus a $50 administrative fee.
Attendance in a Basic EMDR Therapy Training is limited to licensed mental health professionals, students in an accredited graduate program, and interns on a state licensing track. Students and interns must receive approval for attendance. For information on eligibility requirements, click following link to the EMDRIA website.