This EMDR International Association-Approved Training is held over two 3-day weekends (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm and an additional Saturday session right before each training weekend from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm). Additionally, a total of 10 hours of group consultation is required to assist in the integration of the training material into practice. These 10 hours are included in the overall Training.
Please Note: All Trainings are being taught virtually at this time.
Participants will learn the basic EMDR Protocol in order to begin to utilize EMDR in clinical practice within recommended limits.
- History of the EMDR approach
- Overview of EMDR research
- Neurophysiology of information processing and trauma
- Range of applications of EMDR therapy
- 8 phases of EMDR treatment
- Stabilization and self control techniques
- Recommended limits for beginning utilization
Participants will learn the use of EMDR in more complex clinical presentations as well as broaden their understanding of the basic EMDR protocol.
- Treatment planning using the EMDR approach
- Parameters surrounding client selection
- Tools for development of client resources
- Using EMDR in treating children, adult survivors of trauma, and recent traumatic events
- Overview of the utilization of EMDR in the treatment of addiction, pain management and peak performance.
2021 Training Schedule
All Trainings will be conducted virtually until further notice.
(This Training is in progress)
Saturday Session: July 17th (9:00 am-4:00 pm Central Time)
Weekend 1: July 23rd-25th (9:00 am-5:30 pm Central Time)
Saturday Session: November 6th (9:00 am-4:00 pm Central Time)
Weekend 2: November 12th-14th (9:00 am-5:30 pm Central Time)
December 2021/February/March 2022 Training
(There is a Wait List for this Training)
Saturday Session: December 4th (9:00 am-4:00 pm Central Time)
Weekend 1: December 10th-12th (9:00 am-5:30 pm Central Time)
Saturday Session: February 26th (9:00 am-4:00 pm Central Time)
Weekend 2: March 4th-6th (9:00 am-5:30 pm Central Time)
Attendance in a Basic EMDR Therapy Training is limited to licensed mental health professionals, students in an accredited graduate program, and interns on a state licensing track. Students and interns must receive approval for attendance. For information on eligibility requirements, click following link to the EMDRIA website.